Next Generation Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A general discussion and graphic forum for anyone who wishes to be a part of a general discussion and graphic forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Suggestions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SOUP

SOUP

Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions   Suggestions Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 5:28 pm

-Rules. If you're going to have a debate thread, you ABSOLUTLY need to post rules.
-Subforms in the "general creations" thread for specific editing programs (Gimp, Photoshot, MS Paint, Hand drawn, ect.) I prognosticate if something of that nature is not done, it would eventually become cluttered as all hell
-A welcome message, it gives a sense of friendliness to new users
-It's simply my own personal preference, but I hate the chatbox on the top of the forum
-Perhaps make the "tutorials" section into a place where people can ask questions about creating graphic art, along with posting tutorials
-A sports thread? I wouldn't use it much, but it could increase interest in the forum in general
-It may not be a big deal, just something to get used to. The lime green for the "no new posts" thing is a powerful color, much more powerful then the soft blue for the "new read posts" one. The green stands out much more than the blue, and it makes more sense for it to be the other way around.. It's not something that needs to be changed, but it personally confused me for a second
- This is an example of a link. As you can see, the colors of links is almost no different from original text, that should definitely be fixed

I will add on to this when I see fit.

Last edited by Soupy on Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bam
Administrator
Bam

Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 5:42 pm

-Rules. If you're going to have a debate thread, you ABSOLUTLY need to post rules.
There will be rules added to the debate section as needed in one thread, but I do not want to add a boring general rules thread to the main of the forum that no one will read. Plus, there really isnt too much that is forbidden here. But I will definitely add a rules thread to the debate section.

-Subforms in the "general creations" thread for specific editing programs (Gimp, Photoshot, MS Paint, Hand drawn, ect.) I prognosticate if something of that nature is not done, it would eventually become cluttered as all hell
I would rather keep it all together because then people might tend to only look in the sections of programs that they use and neglect everyone elses work.

-A welcome message, it gives a sense of friendliness to new users
This is kind of being worked on. The top of the page is going to have a welcome message that will include an advertising signature for the forum that is clickable to the thread that will give the link and code for the signature...but it isn't there yet because we don't have any signatures. Hopefully that will change once the first contest comes out. Wink Also I will probably add some sort of sig of the week thing there.

-It's simply my own personal preference, but I hate the chatbox on the top of the forum
Don't worry, that's temporary. I just want it up there because of all the updates currently happening.

-Perhaps make the "tutorials" section into a place where people can ask questions about creating graphic art, along with posting tutorials
Hm. Perhaps I will add a general graphic help forum? Good idea.

-A sports thread? I wouldn't use it much, but it could increase interest in the forum in general
From past experiences I feel it is best to just keep sports related talk in the general discussion forum. Unless we get an increase in the amount of sports talk I will definitely add one later on.

-It may not be a big deal, just something to get used to. The lime green for the "no new posts" thing is a powerful color, much more powerful then the soft blue for the "new read posts" one. The green stands out much more than the blue, and it makes more sense for it to be the other way around.. It's not something that needs to be changed, but it personally confused me for a second.
I'm still working on making the theme work. I'll talk about this with a couple other people.

- This is an example of a link. As you can see, the colors of links is almost no different from original text, that should definitely be fixed
Changed.
Back to top Go down
https://nextgenforum.forumotion.com

Suggestions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Next Generation Forums :: Main :: Suggestions & Feedback-
Jump to: